Monday, November 28, 2011

And then there were TWO!

I went for my ultrasound today and as my hunches confirmed, we’re pregnant with twins.


:)


At first Tom didn’t handle it well, but as the day wore on and so did his thoughts.  By the time he came home from work he had come to grips that we were having twins again and was starting to get a little excited!


We both decided to keep both sides of our family out of the loop for as long as possible.  Neither one of us wants to hear the “You’re irresponsible” lecture.  Especially at our ages.


This is definitely my last pregnancy.  After having 6 children in 4 pregnancies; I’m officially done.  Once the twins are born, I’ll be having my tubes tied or cut and due to my high fertility, Tom will also be getting the snip.  No more accidents for this momma.


I didn’t get a copy of my ultrasound picture right away this time.  I’m not sure why, other than the technician said that the doctor needed to see it first before I can get my hands on it.  I scheduled an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow afternoon to get the results, then I’m going straight to the imaging center to pick up my picture.  Although I did get the chance to see the twins on the screen and hear both their heartbeats, I don’t have anything to show Tom or anyone else for that matter.  Gotta love the waiting game!


No comments: